Selling tickets on SeatGeek can be a convenient way to reach a broader audience and maximize your profits. However, navigating the platform and understanding its policies can be challenging. In this guide, we will provide you with a step-by-step approach to selling tickets on SeatGeek, while addressing the platform’s advantages and potential pitfalls.
Why You Should Consider Selling Tickets on SeatGeek?
SeatGeek offers several benefits that make it an attractive option for ticket sellers:
- Better Audience Reach: SeatGeek has a diverse and extensive user base interested in various categories like sports, music, and theater, increasing your chances of selling tickets quickly.
- Competitive Pricing: The platform provides price comparisons from various sources, helping you set the best possible price for your tickets, thus maximizing your profits.
- Safe and Secure Transactions: SeatGeek’s reputation for trust and authenticity assures buyers, enhancing your credibility as a seller.
- User-Friendly Platform: The ease of use and navigation on SeatGeek simplifies the selling process, even for first-time sellers, ultimately saving you time and reducing stress.
Problems With Selling Tickets on SeatGeek
Despite the advantages, there are some challenges associated with selling tickets on SeatGeek:
- High Fees: SeatGeek deducts 10% of the sale price for each ticket, potentially reducing your profits and increasing the price for buyers.
- Limited Control over Pricing: While you can set your ticket prices, SeatGeek controls the pricing limits and may automatically adjust prices based on market demand, limiting your control over your pricing strategy.
- Ticket Sales Restriction: SeatGeek allows you to sell tickets that are already listed on their platform, preventing you from selling tickets outside the platform.
- Competition with Professional Resellers: The large customer base on SeatGeek attracts professional resellers, leading to a highly competitive market.
What You’ll Need to Sell Tickets on SeatGeek?
You can get started selling tickets on SeatGeek with the following requirements:
- Mobile Device with Internet Access: Access SeatGeek’s platform and manage ticket sales from your mobile device.
- SeatGeek Account: Create an account by providing personal and payment information.
- Valid Tickets: Ensure you have PDF tickets, screenshots, or mobile barcodes for the tickets you want to sell.
- Ticket Delivery Method: Be prepared to deliver tickets electronically or physically, depending on the event and buyer preferences.
- Payment Information: Provide your bank account details during registration to receive payments for your ticket sales.
- Knowledge of SeatGeek’s Policies and Fees: Familiarize yourself with SeatGeek’s policies, fees for selling tickets, and tools available for setting and adjusting ticket prices.
What Tickets to Sell on SeatGeek?
SeatGeek allows you to sell various types of tickets, including:
- Sports Tickets: You can sell tickets for sports events such as football, basketball, baseball, and soccer games. With the high demand for sports events in the United States, SeatGeek can be an excellent platform to resell your tickets.
- Concert Tickets: SeatGeek also accommodates the sale of concert tickets, catering to music enthusiasts looking for access to live shows, from large arena performances to smaller club gigs.
- Theater Tickets: Theater tickets for live performances, including Broadway shows, touring productions, and local theater events, are in demand, making them a viable option for selling on SeatGeek.
How to Sell Tickets on SeatGeek: Step-By-Step Instructions?
If you have electronic or mobile tickets to sell, follow these six simple steps to list them on the SeatGeek Marketplace:
Create a SeatGeek Account
- Visit the SeatGeek website and locate the ‘Sell on SeatGeek’ section.
- Register with your email address.
- Verify your profile via the verification email sent by SeatGeek.
- Find the ‘Add Ticket’ button (switch to desktop view if using a mobile device).
- Choose between e-tickets and NFL barcode tickets.
- For e-tickets, upload the original PDF or a screenshot, ensuring they are authentic.
- For NFL tickets, select the team, add the game, and upload the barcode. Accurately enter the section, seat, and row information.
List Your Tickets (For NFL Tickets)
- Click ‘Sell’ on the homepage and enter ticket details.
- Provide the section, seat, row, and barcode as they appear on the ticket.
- Set your selling price, ensuring you have a valid credit card for payment setup.
- Click ‘Create Listing’ to complete the process.
Set a Competitive Price
- Research the market to understand prevailing ticket prices.
- Consider the face value as a starting point but be aware that high-demand events may command higher prices.
- Take into account seat location, event timing, and be flexible with pricing.
- Utilize SeatGeek’s pricing tools, such as the Deal Score algorithm, for guidance.
Set the Delivery Method
Choose to deliver tickets electronically or via mail, providing your shipping address as needed.
Manage Your Listing After publishing your listing
You can monitor it from your SeatGeek account, edit details, and track ticket sales progress.
Things to Consider When Selling Tickets on SeatGeek
- Timing: List your tickets as early as possible to attract early buyers and secure a prominent position in search results.
- Authenticity: Ensure your listings are authentic to avoid penalties, as SeatGeek has zero tolerance for fake tickets.
- Customer Service: Provide excellent customer service by responding promptly to messages and offering accurate information to buyers.
- Pricing Strategy: Develop a solid pricing strategy based on market trends, competition, and demand, and be ready to adjust your prices to enhance sales.
Why Are My Tickets Not Eligible for Resale?
SeatGeek may restrict ticket resale due to event organizer policies, sold-out events, non-transferable tickets, special offers or promotions, and ticket holds. If your tickets aren’t eligible, explore other selling options.
How Do You Sell Tickets That Aren’t Resellable?
Tickets that can’t be resold on SeatGeek can be sold outside the platform or exchanged for other events. Contact the event organizer or ticketing agency for assistance.
Selling tickets on SeatGeek can be a lucrative venture, but understanding the platform and its policies is crucial for success. By following the step-by-step guide and considering the tips provided, you can navigate SeatGeek effectively and maximize your ticket sales while offering a seamless experience to buyers.